Our strategy is to work effectively with all business areas to become a trusted and influential Employee Resource Group through successful delivery of our goals.
These goals are to:
- Identify and highlight barriers preventing employees from achieving their full potential and work with the business to drive positive change.
- Grow through raising the profile of ONE and its members.
- Create opportunities for members to be inspired, to develop and improve their skills and knowledge.
- Promote the awareness of ethnic diversity across the company.
- Support National Grid to become an employer of choice for ethnic minorities by influencing recruitment / progression / retention activities.
- Implement / support benchmarking exercises and KPI reporting in order to monitor performance and drive continuous improvement.
ONE is open to all employees – we welcome applications from all National Grid employees and have a diverse membership.
Joining ONE can have some great benefits for you:
- Opportunities to network: Meet colleagues from different parts of the business as well as our senior leaders.
- Develop and learn new skills / gain knowledge: Volunteering for ONE projects / initiatives could help you achieve your Personal Development Plan goals. Access to mentoring and other development opportunities are also important here.
- Access practical guidance, support and raise your awareness of different cultures: Learn more about your colleagues’ cultures and faiths through events and other material.
- Learn about the importance of diversity in driving a high performance culture: Diversity of thought, background, knowledge and experience drives business performance.