We want to be a recognised leader in the development and operation of safe, reliable and sustainable energy infrastructure to meet the needs of our customers and communities and to generate value for our investors.
One of the ways we will achieve this is to protect and enhance the environment, always seeking new and innovative ways to lighten the environmental impact of our past, present and future activities.
We commit to:
- Preventing pollution
- Complying with environmental, legal and other obligations
- Continually improving our environmental management systems
- Ensuring employees have the competency and equipment to meet our environmental commitments
- Ensuring those working on our behalf demonstrate the same commitment to the environment as we do
- Transparently share environmental progress and performance
- Actively manage any risks associated with our past operational contamination
- Using resources more efficiently n Protecting the ecosystems and biodiversity of our workplaces
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions: 45% by 2020 and 80% by 2050
- Adapting to the effects of climate change
- Helping stakeholders develop more effective environmental policies and targets
- Helping consumers access more sustainable energy
- Integrating environmental sustainability into our decision making
- Driving more environmental sustainable programmes and activities.
For more details on this policy, visit nationalgrid.com